Values & Ethos
Our Ethos, Aims and Values
We aim to…
- Provide a happy, secure environment in which every child can realise their potential.
- Stimulate enthusiasm for learning, an enquiring mind, a desire to explore and investigate in order to discover more about the world.
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum enabling children to acquire knowledge, fundamental basic skills and the practical abilities and attitudes necessary for the world they live in now and for the future.
- Develop in our children aesthetic awareness and the ability to express themselves creatively.
- Encourage self-esteem, self-discipline, and a developing degree of independence.
- Develop children’s social, moral, spiritual and cultural awareness and promote their physical and mental well-being.
- Encourage our children to develop personal qualities including respect, acceptance and co-operation, which will enable them to become caring and considerate members of the community and the world at large.
- Ensure that all children have equal opportunities in all aspects of school life regardless of gender, race or ability.
- Develop co-operation, understanding and partnership between home and school.
- Foster good links with the community.
Our Core Values
We respect every member of our community. We celebrate that we are all special and unique, and welcome the differences between ourselves and others. We treat each other kindly, politely, honestly and fairly.
We nurture every learner to achieve their best in every aspect of their learning.
LOVE OF LEARNING
We love to learn through purposeful activity. We value learning, not just for school, but for all of our lives.
We take pride in our individual and team achievements. By learning together, we achieve more!
School Values and British Values
Click School Values and British Values for a document detailing how Colehill First School values link with fundamental British values as defined by HM government.
Click here to download a slideshow of the four British Values Characters chosen by the children of Colehill First School.
Our Mission Statement
Colehill First School is a happy school, where children love to learn.
As part of being a Rights Respecting School, we have agreed charters for our school and our playground. You can read them here:
Click on the link below for our child friendly version of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child